I hope you are having a nice summer and have been able to enjoy a bit of a break.
Here at PJWD towers I’ve been working on big changes behind the scenes which I’m hoping to share with you next issue.
This month’s newsletter features a round-up of articles on the important topics of Low-Carbon Web Design, Digital Privacy and Website Advice for Small Businesses to read at your leisure!
Also, the PJWD SEO for Small Business course is now live and having a summer sale – save £30 at the checkout with the code PJWD-SEO.
As always, I hope you find this newsletter helpful for making positive changes to your business. If you have any questions or comments about this month’s content please drop me a message!
Low-Carbon Web Design
What are you already doing to reduce the impact of your business on the environment? A good place to make some changes is your web design.
- Low-carbon web design vs eco-friendly web design – Because every website uses energy to run, it can’t ever be eco-friendly in the true sense of the word. However, you can lower its carbon output, as this blog explains.
- How environmentally friendly is your website? – It can be difficult to quantify the environmental impact of your website, but it isn’t impossible. Here’s how you can calculate the impact of yours.
- Reducing your digital carbon footprint – Top tips to lessen the impact of your digital activities on the environment.
People are becoming increasingly aware of – and concerned about – how our digital privacy is being breached on a daily basis. Here are some ways in which you can protect your own online privacy as well as that of visitors to your website.
- Simple digital privacy tips – Advice to strengthen your own privacy and suggestions for alternative tools that don’t harvest your information.
- 7 ways your website might be abusing your customers’ personal data – Learn to protect the personal information of people visiting your website.
- Ethical alternatives to Google products – If you want to stop feeding the Google data beast, consider these ethical alternatives to Google products.
Advice for small businesses
It’s a minefield out there when small businesses look for advice online. Here are a few articles that may be able to answer some of your questions.
- Understanding your website Analytics – What to look for in the onslaught of data provided by your site analytics, and what to do with the conclusions you’ve drawn.
- Tips for choosing good website hosting – Not the most exciting part of running a business, but an important one all the same. Here’s how to go about sorting your website hosting.
- Blogging tips for small businesses – Blogging is a super effective way to get your site more visible in search and attract more of the right people to your business. Here’s how to get started.