Learn how to use your Wordpress website more effectively
In this workshop, I’ll show you simple techniques to improve your WordPress website’s search engine visibility and then use Google Analytics to keep track of your progress.
Including a short break
5 people per class
Small groups for more individual attention
You don't need to know how to code!
£75 per person
...or pay just £60 if booked before end of January 2019!
Part 1: Improving Your Website
Learn how to make small yet effective content changes to your WordPress website to improve your Search Engine visibility including how to:
- Effectively use blog categories and tags …and make your website a larger target for search engines
- Correctly label your images …so they can be read accurately by search engines
- Format your page content to appeal to search engines …and people!
- Optimise your page titles and meta descriptions with Yoast SEO …to stand out from other search listings
- Submit your website to Google using Webmaster Tools …so your changes make a quicker impact
You won’t need to know how to code to do any of these, they are all changes that can be made via the WordPress admin area or using trusted plugins.
Part 2: Tracking Your Progress
In the second half of the workshop I’ll show you how to understand how people use your website by looking at your Google Analytics data. I’ll show you how to:
- See which pages of your website pages get the most traffic …and where to focus your Call to Actions
- Find where people are leaving your website …to identify where improvements can be made
- Find useful information about your visitors …and how you can utilise this knowledge
- Learn how people are coming to your website …to see how effective your marketing strategies are
- Filter out spam traffic from your usage data …to get the most useful insights
Date: Wednesday 20th February 2019
Time: 3.30pm – 6.30pm
Location: Tandem Coffee House, 47 Lower Hillgate, Stockport, SK1 1JQ
Tickets: £75 per person (£60 if booked before end of January 2019)